If you plan to sell, produce or distribute alcohol in your new business venture, you must acquire the proper licensing. The first step a liquor license Dallas TX demands is a ton of paperwork.
The Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission regulates the qualification guidelines for companies that profit from alcohol sales. Texas has more than 30 different liquor license types. Essential requirements of specific licenses include:
- You have documentation verifying the alcohol content of your products.
- Your property is in a zone that allows alcohol permits.
- You apply for the correct license.
As the owner of the organization, you must meet the following stipulations to apply:
- You are at least 21 years old.
- You exhibit good moral character.
- You do not have any tax debts.
- You do not have any liquor law violations within the last six months.
- You have zero state liquor law infringements within the past two years.
- You do not have any felony convictions in the past five years.
Once you determine the liquor license Dallas TX requires of your business, you must fill out the necessary forms. The requisite paperwork can be overwhelming, and the entire process may take many months to complete. You must provide accurate and thorough information or the TABC may deny your request.
Navigating this process is daunting, especially if paperwork is not your strength. There are various forms and specifications unique to your organization. For the best results, hire a professional service to handle the process for you. Companies that specialize in this type of service ensure the most efficient, least painful route to obtain the proper licenses.
If alcohol sales are a crucial part of your company, you will want to obtain the proper Texas permits as soon as possible. It is often difficult and time-consuming to complete the process, but with help from experienced professionals, you can have your license in less time and with less headache.